Friday, January 16, 2009

A first blog

First blog, and I've a cold that has wrapped itself around the throat like a tightening band of barbed wire, or I've swallowed barbed wire, or a hawthorn tree, or sandburrs, or an alien with claws, or a cyber hedgehog of titanium. You get the idea.
This afternoon, despite the cold Iim braving the weather to search out a used bookstore for Ezra Pound's ABC of Reading. I'm a sucker for books. Tell me to go read a book and I'll hunt it down and read it. This could be a problem, this bibliophilia.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better.

    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post feels something like a challange. I'm wracking my brain for a good book to tell you to go BUY and read.
    Ah-ha! I have one, although I do not get to take full credit for it. I am aware of the book only because it was a part of my course readings for a poetry class. Nonetheless, read "The Gift: Imagination and the Erotic Life of Property" by Lewis Hyde.
    Perhaps you have read it already?
    Meg

    ReplyDelete