Tuesday, July 13, 2010

SHHHHH!

I bought one of those portable, flexible keyboards for the laptop to make it easier in transcribing the MS and most noticable is the lack of sound other than an odd rubberish type of sound. I am so far disconcerted over the lack of noise. It is too quiet and lacks the rhythm that the manual typewriters have. One advantage is that I can place it closer to the edge of the desk and ease the wrists. That being said, it lacks panache. It is black and fully utilitarian to the pont of being waterproof and, according to the leaflet of instructions, fogproof which would make it handy when the fog rolls into the study, or those languid days on the coast. Will it improve anything? More importantly, how will it affet what is written sinceI still spend far too much time looking at the screen and letting my spelling mistakes interupt the speed of the writing. Perhaps I remain a Luddite.

No comments:

Post a Comment