Thursday, July 9, 2009

Success from Rough Draft

So far so good. Twenty-five pages to date, with 400 words per page. Do the math. The story is progressing word by word without any real direction. Merely words and a main character and such. Since I"m composing on a manual typewriter I won't have anything to share until the second draft. For those who haven't composed on a manual typewriter, you should try it. No carpal tunnel when the keys have to be forced down for an image to appear. Great for the hand muscles, and great for the typing skills as well. Every typo, every misspelling, every spatial error shows up. To some this could be humiliating, to others merely humbling. For me, I don't look at the page at all, but hunch over the typewriter keys and pound away. I am not quite sure what is coming out on the page. I don't look at it at all. At least not yet, that's for the second draft. And the keyboard layout is a bit different as far as the apostrophe's and double quote marks and the tab key, the rest is still the old QWERTY. I'll let you know more of how it's going if you are interested. If not, then ignore the blog.

1 comment:

  1. Very interested. Firmly believe in your abilities. Is the lead character made of gummy and high fructose corn syrup?

    ReplyDelete