Sunday, May 17, 2009

The crate that carried Lindberg's "Spirit of St. Louis" back from France was turned into a poet's cabin (now it's a museum in Maine). While the source of my studio's material has a much more common source, the inspiration remains the same. The studio has had remarkable progress since the last post. The walls are up and sheathed, as is the roof. The windows and doors have been fitted, but not installed. The exterior trim work needs to go on, as does the roofing. Then the task of painting a decorating. The outside will be an attempt at faux brick. The interior (more of a challenge since the walls aren't finished and its all open studs, repelete with nooks and crannies) should be a color to encourage creativity. I hope I haven't worked so hard on it that I'll simply fall asleep. No, it will be a sacred place. A place where I hope to go deeply into the create heart. I'm excited.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds idealic.

    I've been retreating away from...just from. I've been visiting my sister and brother-in-law at their under-reconstruction-house. They are in the process of planting a giant vegetable garden, and it has been restorative for me to spend quiet afternoons there, sometimes helping and sometimes encouraging while seated comfortably on a large bag of dirt.
    It is not a shed, but it is a place away from my usual places.

    ReplyDelete