Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Place of His Own

Sorry for the bit of thievery from V. Wolf. I've started on the construction phase of my writer's studio. This is one of those great impractical and, when seen through Firstspace eyes, useless or silly activities. The studio, which is a separate building about 5 x 7 feet, began its life as a collection of packing crates from the IVY Tech construction project Piles of free lumber are exciting to the creative carpenter. These have been deconstructed into their original 2x 4s, 6s, 8s; and many 1 x 3s, 4s, 6s, (and half a bucket of scrap nails). Free windows and a door have been procured. And today I started building it on the other side of the dog's fence. I will be working beyond the pale. It has no electricity. By week's end I hope to be in it, writing. G B Shaw had a writing shed. As have many others.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your privatized space comes together without a hitch. You must post a picture of the grand structure when construction is complete.

    ReplyDelete