Friday, May 29, 2009

I had my first morning of writing in the studio, not that it is finished. It needs more paint, a bit more trim around the door, things like that, but if I don't get writing, the studio will become the project and not the writing. I hadn't worked on the book for about a semester and I had a scene I had wanted to get finished for several months. It's finished now, at least in a rough first draft. More of a main character came out that I hadn't seen before, which is always the fascinating part about fiction, when the characters start taking over and doing what they want to do. Maybe something is right with this one. I'm hoping for a productive summer.
I hope we can all keep in touch. I've seen too many friends drop off the face of the earth. I wonder if they are lying in a heap at the bottom? Imagine that.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your summer project (the book and not the shed) is indeed productive as well as joyful. I wish you many warm, low humidity afternoons, and a few friendly crickets to sing outside of your door.

    I know I tend to be idealistic, but your book (what I've read of it) has altered my understanding/perspective of modern farmlife. I believe there is a real need for books such as yours.

    As to the staying in touch...perhaps yet this summer we can meet for coffee or a beer. The Shady Nook, I think, would welcome us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to make clear...by "us" I mean everyone.

    And if I am recovered enough and not so far behind in homework, I will be at the upcoming Poetry Reading. Hint, hint, hint to everyone.

    ReplyDelete