Friday, November 20, 2009

Magic Moments

Once in a while writing provides a few magic moments, like this morning when I started to see one of the stories I've been working on in a different light. Perhaps this is a step taken in which rewriting will be less of a chore and more of a moment of excitement. The first rush of a story is nearly always fun and the words and ideas and characters unfold, like falling into infactuation with the pretty girl I sit next to. Infactuation isn't love, however. Love comes in the revisions, that is seeing deeper and getting to know the story on more than the superficial level. (I fear superficiallity.) I hope for the more in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I love the phrase, "Love comes in the revisions." I think this might become one of those epigrams.

    ReplyDelete